and Feeding of Your Opal
- Wear it often it likes to breathe.
Touch it often. It likes contact with the skin. the natural oils in your skin
keeps the opal "moist" and lustrous. (Contrary to popular belief,
true Australian opal is not porous and will not absorb contamination in perspiration
or other bodily moisture.)
- Do not wash dishes, clothes
or other items with it on. Opals contain water. The harsh detergents in dish
or laundry soaps can "dry" out the stone.
- Do not wear opals in any type
of hot tub, Jacuzzi, swimming pool, sauna, steam room, bath tub or shower.
Exposure to prelong submersion in any water with or without detergents or
chemicals will destroy opals.
- Do not garden with it on. continuous
contact with the soil can abrade the surface of your stone.
- Do not clean your opal jewelry
with ultrasonic device. Use plain water and a good, nonabrasive had or facial
- Do Not store your opal in oil